Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Fixit Wheelie



So, I "finally" found RiD legion wave 3 last night - Fixit and Underbite! Why do I sound so excited? I dunno. There is just something about this wave that's, you know, truly fun. This wave isn't about legacy characters or anything; just two new characters that have unique, fun toys.

Now, don't get me wrong; I love legacy characters, and, in fact, part of Fixit's appeal for me is his fairly strong resemblance to Wheelie (G1, IDW, and ROTF altogether). But what really sells him is how great his bot mode is for a legion toy. Fixit is clearly meant to not be in scale with other legion toys, but rather the deluxe/warrior RiD toys - he's not a big guy, so his small stature works. Moreover, he's got to be one of the most expressive legion toys ever, having a particularly well-articulated torso and neck! His shoulders prevent his arms from sticking straight out, but that is about the only limitation I can see.

No comments: