Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Revenge of the Fallen...now in theaters!

So, ROTF finally hit theaters at 12:00 AM today. Unfortunately, I'm no longer at a point in my life where I would have gone to see it locally at midnight (I even saw a ~3:00 am listing!), nor can I see it later today - I have to go to class soon, then immediately to the dentist afterword. In the afternoon, I have to help get the house cleaned because we're having a double helping of company tonight: the couple fixing up our new piano are coming around five and at seven we're hosting bible study for our church.

Not that I would really want to see it locally, anyhow. I've never been to the in-town theater since moving here nearly two years ago, and even the next closest theater - near my parents, almost an hour away, wouldn't do. No sir, because I'm going to see this sucker on the IMAX screen. Luckily for me, my aunt lives very close to the best IMAX in the state, so she's ordered tickets for me and at least two of my four cousins (the ones that belong to her, at least). The two that are definitely going range in age from 10 to 23 (the other two are in between), but we'll still have a good time. I'd like to pick up a ROTF toy (maybe a legends, scout, or deluxe) for the youngest before or after the movie (and maybe, just maybe, one for myself - Walmarts are reportedly putting out pallets with the wave 3 deluxes and wave 3 voyagers that I haven't seen yet).

However, because of my responsibilities tonight and the fact that I have to go to class tomorrow morning too, we're waiting until tomorrow night to see the movie. I'm pretty excited, and I'll post a review on here either after the movie or (more likely) Friday sometime.

No comments: